Computer Center in Campus
The computer labs are fully air conditioned and the students are privileged to have unlimited access round the clock. The laboratories are equipped with structured fiber optic and UTP cabling network and other relevant software. We have state-of-the-art computer laboratories with 410 computers (DELL, ACER & HP make), 5 servers, 38 printers with a dedicated network.
The Computer laboratories are being upgraded from time to time to provide the best computational infrastructure. The Computer Centre houses powerful servers, which provide computational environment comprising of multiple operating systems – Microsoft Windows, Linux &Unix and can be accessed from any of the nodes attached to the servers across the campus.
The Department of Computer Science &Engg.maintains an institutional membership in the MSDN that helps the students to have an access (free of charge) to all the latest Microsoft development tools. Students may check out the original CD’s for the package if they want (24 hour checkout only), and they will be given a label with its activation code. Students can immediately burn a copy of the CD(s), affix the label, and return the original CD to the department. The IT department library keeps available one of the PCs with legal software for students to it and they can copy it and keep with them as long as they wish.
Hardware Facility at Computer Centre
- Windows Server:Hewlet Packard ML 350 G5 Server, Dual Quad Core XEON E5410 Processor @ 2.33 GHz
- Linux Server:Hewlet Packard ML 350 G5 Server, Dual Quad Core XEON E5410 Processor @ 2.33 GHz
- Internet Server: Wipro Net Power Intel Xeon Processor @ 2.8 GHz
HP Color Laser Printers, HP Scanners, Sony DLP Projectors
Software Facility at the Computer Centre
- Microsoft Academic Alliance Software (MSDN)
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux
- Windows 10
- Advanced Serve
- Macromedia Flash, Visual Studio,C, C++, Cobol, Java Language Compliers, MS OFFICE
Quick Heal End-Point Security 2015Anti-Virus
MATLAB 10 Users (Control Systems Toolbox, Signal Processing Toolbox, DSP Syatems Toolbox, Communication Systems Toolbox, SIMULINK, Simpower Systems, Neural Networks, Image Processing, Wavelet etc.)
Power Backup at Computer Center
- Uninterruptible Power System (UPS): 120 KVA with 60 mts backup
220 KVA Diesel Green Generator Set
- E-Mail Facility: Computer Centre is hosted a mail server . The staff members have been given user ids to send and receive mails.
- Internet Facility lab: This lab is operated with 120 desktop computers. This iscentral facility and is available for students and staff members of the college. Internet facility is available through broadband 10 Mbps. This provides single hop access to internet gateway. The LAN is extended to all departments including administrative building using 0.5 Km long fiber optic back bone.
- Documentation Facility: The Computer Centre also houses the Printers, Scanners etc. for the purposes of documentation, printing, scanning and backup.