There are two hostels for boys (Sr. Boys Hostel and Jr. Boys Hostel) and a separate hostel for girls. The mess of each hostel is equipped with modern facilities. Each hostel has a Residential Warden under the direction of Chief Warden ensures implementation of discipline and creation of an atmosphere that is conducive to learning. Spacious and well ventilated rooms with adequate furniture and cupboards are available to provide the students with a homely environment.
Girls Hostel is located within the campus and has facilities for indoor games. Special arrangements have been made for the safety, security and privacy of the girls residing in the hostel. To cater to the requirement of increased intake, further storeys have been added to Girls Hostel this year.
Boys’ hostels are located in the campus and have facilities for outdoor games like badminton, volleyball, basketball and cricket. There is a shopping complex located in the campus to cater their day-to-day needs.
With the ever changing nature of technological innovations and globalization, the need for budding technocrats is ever growing. The institute provide value addition and mould the students with ingredients of science and technology so as to fully train them in the field of their specialization. The campus provides educational system that includes engineering design, management skills, comprehensive theoretical knowledge, experimental backup and practical industrial training. The salient features of the education system are:
- Common room equipped with a cable TV and indoor games like carom, chess and table tennis.
- Vehicle for emergency conditions.
- Telephone facility.
- Pump house for water supply.
- Water cooler with water purifier for safe drinking water.
- Power backup through DG set.
- Security of residents organized through a security agency.
- Wi-Fi Connectivity.
- Students must occupy the rooms allotted to them for the session and no change of room shall be made without the permission of the Chief Warden.
- The allotment of rooms shall be done at the beginning ofevery academic session.
- All the students are expected to conduct themselves in a disciplined manner and not do anything that may disturb others at study or at work in the hostel.
- While checking in and out of the hostel premises, the residents must fill up the In-Out Register maintained by the warden.
- Boy’s hostellers intending to remain out of the hostel for one night or more must inform the warden in writing before leaving the hostel and also must obtain Student Gate Pass from the warden.
- Girl’s hostellers would be allowed to leave the hostel during holidays or otherwise only when prior written consent from the parents through letter or fax is received and permission to leave is granted by the Principal.
- Names of the relatives/guardians, who are to be authorized to visit their ward residing in the Girls Hostel should be specifically mentioned and verified by the respective parents in the Hostel Registration Form.
- Before leaving the hostel for overnight absence, the hostellers shall get the Movement Form signed from the warden and on return deposit the same duly signed by parent/guardian.
- Ragging in any form.
- Possession or use of alcoholic beverages/addictive drugs/chewing tobacco/ cigarettes etc.
- Possession or use of electric stove, room heater or any heavy electrical gadget.
- Any unauthorized person in hostel room.
- Any kind of violence.
- Playing music at high volume.
- Playing of cards/gambling.
- Cooking in the room.
- Carrying of mess crockery in the room.
- Moving of hostel property/furniture from the room. Disfiguring of walls/doors/almirah etc. and pasting of posters.
- No student will stay in the hostel during college hours, except lunch hours or with prior written permission of the Principal/HOD in case of illness or other exigencies.
- All lights and fans must be switched off before leaving the room.
- Ragging is totally banned. Anyone indulging in ragging will face suspension/expulsion from the Institute besides being charged with criminal offence case through F.I.R. under local Police Station.
- Hostellers are themselves responsible for their valuables, cash, mobile phones, computers etc.
- Last entry time at night in the hostels are as under:
a) Girls Hostel
(Outer Gate) : 7:00 PM
(Inner Gate) : 9:00 PM
b) Jr. Boys Hostel : 9:30 PM
c) Sr. Boys Hostel : 10:30 PM
- Hostelers will follow the timings of mess and common room strictly.
- All complaints against hostel attendants/servants should be brought to the notice of the warden in writing.
- Residents should come to the dining hall in proper dress and are advised to avoid wastage of food. The Institute authorities can conduct surprise checks at any time. Violation of hostel rules or office orders/notices issued by the university institute authorities, from time to time, is punishable.