Himalayan Institute of Nursing, established in 2006, is promoted and fully funded by the Maa Saraswati Educational Trust, Regular and conscientious conduct of examinations, excellent infrastructure, and above all, highly qualified, motivated and committed faculty members go a long way in ensuring the all round development of students who emerge as professionals from the institute.
The institute has following well equipped laboratories furnished with latest equipments related to nursing as per the university norms; Demonstration room for practicing Fundamentals of Nursing. Nutrition lab for preparing & cooking special diets for patients, Community Health Lab and Anatomy & Physiology Labs.
B.Sc. Nursing from Himalayan Institute of Nursing is approved by Indian Nursing Council (INC), New Delhi and is affiliated to Pt. B.D.Sharma University of Health Sciences, Rohtak.
The Himalayan School of Nursing established in 2009 is promoted and fully funded by the Maa Saraswati Educational Trust, keeping in mind the needs of students of Himachal Pradesh. GNM diploma course of Himalayan School of Nursing is approved by Indian Nursing Council (INC), New Delhi and is affiliated to Himachal Pradesh State Nursing Registration Council, Shimla. GNM (General Nursing & Midwifery Diploma Course) is started so that the students of 10+2 from any stream can avail the opportunity to enter into Nursing profession. The curriculum has been recently revised paying greater emphasis on practical training and community visits. It is hoped that a large number of our students will find their rightful places in reputed hospitals & other health institutes around the country.
Duration of Course: 4 years
- 10+2 Medical with minimum 50% marks in PCBE for General Category & 45% marks for ST/SC.
- Minimum Age 17 years, both male & female students are eligible to take admission.
- Date of Counseling shall be decided by the nominee of B.D. Sharma University of Health Sciences, Rohtak and separate interview letter will be sent for the counseling.
- The decision of the nominee, nominated by University will be final.
- The selected candidates will be required to submit an affidavit with the undertaking that they will abide by the rules and regulations of the Institute and University including maintaining discipline and paying fees and dues by the due dates.
- The candidates will be governed by the rules and regulations of the Indian Nursing Council (INC) and Pt. B.D.Sharma University of Health Sciences, Rohtak regarding attendance and minimum passing marks.